Sunday, November 2, 2008

Surgery and Trick or Treat







Tatum had her palate surgery on Thursday. We got up at 4:00 am and trekked into Boston for surgery at 7:30. The doctor said that there was alot of fluid in her ears and that her left ear drum was infected. The palate surgery went well and there were no complications. She looked pretty tough when we got into recovery. She had bleeding from her nose and mouth. When we got to our room, they gave her some morphine and that helped her to sleep some. Dennis and I couldn't put her down for hours. I stayed Thursday night and got to sleep in the crib with her! The doctor came in early Friday morning to find Tatum sitting on my lap drinking some apple juice. He immediately checked out her mouth and said that she could go home. Boy were we surprised. She has been doing great at home. She doesn't like taking her medicine or getting her ear drops. She is pretty good about her no-no's and we got her some leg warmers to put over them and make them pretty. In a few days, she'll be able to eat soft foods and I'm sure that will make her much happier.

Halloween was fun as Tatum was home. Colin went out with all the kids and was dressed as a dragon. He made it half way around the neighborhood and actually went up to three houses for candy. While I was out with Colin, Tatum brought her shoes over to Daddy and tried to escape out the front door. When I got home, I took her out around our street for a bit. She wore the top part of her poodle costume and smiled from ear to ear. Both kids ended up having a great time and slept all night!

1 comment:

orphans4me said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. All the pictures are so cute and sweet. I'm impressed with people who actually get the pictures from the camera to the blog. :)
Joy