Friday, December 19, 2008

Mmm...Yummy






Today, it started snowing around 2:00pm. The kids had their Christmas photos early this morning and did great! It was a bit of a struggle to get there, but it all worked out. Colin was easy. He put on his cords and his sweater. His only complaints was the shoes. Mommy decided that it was not a battle worth having and let him put on his sneakers. Tatum on the other hand...less than easy. I put her in the pretty dress, tights and shoes. Major meltdown. Off came the shoes. Off came the tights. Face plant on the ground. She had her photos taken in a nice striped sweater, some cords and her sneakers. I think she was hoping to dress like her brother! Everyone was happy by the time we left the house. I even got some compliments on the sweater!
My favorite picture is both Colin and Tatum looking at an extra large book. When I get the scanner running, I'll post it. We went over to Target to pick up some milk and easy food before the snow hit. I had the idea of making gingerbread houses, but all the mixes were gone. Then I saw a kit to make Rice Krispy Treat houses!
They were definitely a hit with the kids. I think they had more fun licking the spoon! Both kids were very into decorating their houses when they came out of the form. Tatum had a random pattern of gum drops and enjoyed peeling and placing the button candy. Of course, she used the pink icing! Colin was more deliberate about his pattern and preferred to go by color of gum drops. He chose the red icing and only had one piece of button candy...the doorknob!

No comments: